State of the City, County & Schools is your chance to hear from our local leaders as they discuss the state of Raleigh, Wake County, and Wake County Schools. Our speakers are:
- Mary-Ann Baldwin, Mayor of Raleigh
- Matt Calabria, Wake County Commission Chair
- Keith Sutton, Wake County Board of Education Chair
The event will be held on Thursday, July 22 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity Conference in partnership with Bank of America is a two-day virtual conference with the theme of, Speak Up, Take Action.
Conference attendees will explore topics from different focal points over the two-day conference. You’ll hear from a number of powerful local speakers and hear from two global leaders in DEI.
- Day 1 – Interpersonal: How individuals can learn to see their own biases, communication styles, and values and to recognize how this may affect others.
- Day 2 – Infrastructural: How organizations can build strategies to reimagine programs, practices, and policies that are inclusive for their employees, partners, and customers.
This event will be held Wednesday, August 25-26 from 8:30 a.m. – noon, virtually.
Our Annual Meeting presented by Wells Fargo will include an overview of the Chamber’s accomplishments for the year, installation of the new chair of the Board of Directors, presentation of the A.E. Finley Distinguished Service Award, and a keynote presentation by Lynn Good, chair, president and CEO of Duke Energy.
The event will take place Tuesday, September 14 from 3-5 p.m.
Raleigh Chamber/CPI Security First Responders Appreciation Breakfast is our annual celebration of first responders. This event welcomes the business community to attend and show how much we appreciate those who risk their lives to save others.
Representatives from the following departments plan to attend:
- Wake County Emergency Medical Services
- The Wake County Sheriff’s Office
- N.C. Highway Patrol
- The Raleigh-Wake County Emergency Communications Center
- The City of Raleigh Fire Department
- The City of Raleigh Police Department
The program includes a keynote presentation from Dr. Jose Cabanas, an award ceremony for local heroes, recognition of the twentieth anniversary of 9/11, and words of inspiration from local leaders such as the Mayor of Raleigh and Wake County Commissioner, Matt Calabria.
This event will be on Friday, September 24 from 7:30-9:30 a.m.
We invite you to join us for these upcoming events.