WENDELL – The Town of Wendell and Wake Technical Community College will partner on a newly announced initiative, LaunchWENDELL, for entrepreneurs and small business owners to develop and execute their business plan.
The initiative, which will include an intensive 10-week course, partnership with local mentor or mentors, and additional support, is currently accepting applicants for the first cohort, which is projected to include between 10 and 20 members, according to a statement shared by the Town of Wendell.
Classes are set to begin on Jan. 27, 2022, and will run through March 31, 2021 on Thursday nights.
The application criteria includes:
- Applicants must live or work in the Wendell area
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial and business resources
- All applicants will be interviewed by a selection committee
- Must be able to complete training in person
- Must be willing to develop a business plan and a budget for the business
- Must commit to meeting and communicating with an assigned mentor for at least six months.
Applicants must submit applications no later than Dec. 1, 2021, the organization’s statement noted.
Three informational sessions will be provided to benefit potential applicants: Nov. 3 at 12 p.m., Nov. 9 at 6 p.m., and Nov. 16 at 8 a.m.
Additional information can be found on the organization’s website www.launchwendell.com.
Other local partners, according to the statement, include the Wendell Chamber of Commerce, the Wendell Rotary Club, and Grillbillies, where the in-person trainings will occur.